Topeka Zoo is excited to offer Fall and Winter Adventure Camps!
This camp is for children ages 6-12 (can be 5 if currently in kindergarten), and registration is on a DAILY basis—so you can sign up for as many days as you’d like.
Camp runs from 9:00-3:00 and is held in the zoo's Gary Clarke Education Classroom. Each camp day will include a live animal education program, behind-the-scenes tour, crafts, games, and more! There is no stay-late option for fall or winter camp.
The cost is $30/student/day for FOTZ members and $35/student/day for non-members.
Capacity: 25 students/day
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Camp Days
October 20th: Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
- From falling leaves to festive pumpkins, join us for this colorful camp as we celebrate all things autumn!
December 19th: Encanto: La Casa Madrigal
- Love Mirabel and the Madrigal family? Come to this day as we focus on the magic of Encanto. This camp will be one to talk about!
December 20th: In the Shadows
- From stalking cats to the rainforest floor, this camp will focus on the animals that call the shadows their home!
December 21st: Alien Invasion
- From Burmese pythons to cane toads to our own housecats, this day of camp will highlight the alien species that invade new ecosystems. Warning: this camp will be out of this world!
December 22nd: Polar Express
- Hop on board the Polar Express as we venture to the North and South poles and learn all about the cool animals that live there!
December 23rd: Naughty or Nice
- This mischievous day of camp will focus on which creatures in the animal kingdom make the naughty and nice list for their behaviors!
There is no camp December 26th.
December 27th: Spy Kids
- Grab your spy kit and sneak into camp, as we put our detective skills to the test in this mysterious day!
December 28th: Zen Kids
- Clear your mind and calm your body in this camp, as we focus on connecting to nature through movement!
December 29th: Ice Age
- This camp launches us back in time, as we unearth the Ice Age and the creatures that lived then!
December 30th: The Final Countdown
- Bye, 2022. Hello, 2023! This camp will start the countdown to the New Year, as we reflect on all that happened in 2022 for animals and us!
January 13th: Under the Big Top
- Step right up to this day of camp as focus on the greatest show on Earth—the circus! This camp is bound to spectacular!
Optional Camp T-Shirt: $14/shirt (plus tax) with youth and adult sizes available (additional charges apply for Adult 2XL and 3XL). Available at https://store.topekazoo.org/#/Education. Shirts will be given to students during their first camp day.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your camp registration 15 or more days before the start date, the Zoo will refund the registration fee, except for $10 for single-day camp registrations and $25 for the week-long registrations. This fee is applied per child per camp you cancel. The Zoo will not refund any registration fees if cancellation occurs within 14 days of the start date. If space is still available, you may transfer your registration to another camp week for no additional fee. If transferring, it must be to a camp within the same season (i.e. spring camp to spring camp). Cancellations due to Covid-19 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please contact (785)368-9137 or firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel or questions. Updated: August 2022
Involuntary Removal Policy: If your child's registration in camp is revoked due to behavioral and/or non-compliance issues, then your ability to register for future camps will be forfeit for at least one calendar year from the date of the incident. The zoo reserves the right to extend this policy on a case-by-case basis.
KDHE Required Forms
The Topeka Zoo is a licensed School-Age Program through KDHE; as such, there are some forms we need returned before your child begins camp. These are kept on file for an entire calendar year–so you only need to fill them out once per camp year. These forms will be emailed to you at least two weeks prior to your first camp date, along with the camp letter which will explain all the logistics (drop-off, pick-up, what to bring, etc.).
Please contact the Education Department at 785-368-9137 or email@example.com with questions.