For the safety of the animals and the enjoyment of all visitors, we ask that visitors adhere to the following guidelines when visiting the Topeka Zoo:
- All of the animals at the Topeka Zoo are on special diets to keep them healthy. Please do not provide any food to the animals, except for the food specifically made available for the Waterbirds and Children’s Zoo animals in the feed dispensers.
- Visitors should not attempt to touch or pet any animals, except in the contact area of the Children’s Zoo.
- Fences and other barriers located throughout the Zoo are for the safety of visitors and should never be crossed.
- Foreign objects should never be given or thrown to the animals. Foreign objects put the animals at risk and can cause medical problems.
- No outside animals will be allowed into the Zoo, except for assistance animals. Visitors with these animals should let the attendant at the front gate know upon arrival so we may be aware of their presence.
- Roller blades, skateboards, bikes and are not allowed in the Zoo.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No outside food or drink may be brought into the Zoo.
- The Zoo is smoke free. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds.